Need a family getaway that won’t break the bank? One of our favorite places to vacation is the JW Marriott in San Antonio. It’s just a short drive down I-35 and you don’t actually have to drive into town when you come from Austin. We took a family vacation and met our extended family there to celebrate my dad’s 70th birthday.
- The pools!!! There are so many pools including an adults only one!
- Waterslides! They just added a couple more slides that the older kids and adults can enjoy.
- Lazy river. The lazy river is perfect for leisurely floating and has a bunch of entry/exit points.
- Kids activities. When you arrive, you get a weekly schedule of everything that is happening. From s’mores to gagaball, there is plenty for the kids to do.
- The food! So good! Poolside ordering, lots of restaurants. Our favorite was the jalapeno jelly and biscuits from the Crooked Branch. And the sangria was refreshing as a poolside drink!
This is one of our favorite hotels to visit! We spend all day at the pool and let the older kids run around together. There is so much to do here!