When we started planning our Disney Cruise, one of the first questions was “what do we pack???” I’ve compiled a list of the items we brought.
- Clothes – sounds easy enough, right? If you are headed to the Caribbean, you are thinking swimsuits and flip-flops. But you need to remember to bring at least one sweater for inside the ship and probably a pair of jeans or nice pants. Our cruise left out of Galveston in January so we boarded with our winter outfit on and reused pieces when we got chilly. If you are planning on dining at Palo, you will need a nicer outfit.
- Laundry Basket – go with a pop up one you can throw away at the end of the trip. We found an inexpensive one at Dollar Tree. You’ll want to contain all the dirty clothes into one spot and not all over the floor. I would suggest buying 2.
- Toiletries – you won’t need shampoo, conditioner or soap. Your stateroom will have those and can by restocked as needed. Just bring your medicines and any other toiletries. Don’t forget sunscreen!
- Nightlight – it gets pretty dark in the rooms at night and if you have little ones, you may want to plug in a nightlight. We bought an inexpensive one from Target.
- Ziploc Bags – bring sandwich and gallon size. I can’t tell you how many times these came in handy! I grabbed a couple croissants at breakfast and packed them in our day bag when we went on our excursion. Gallon bags are great for keeping clothes dry and to pack wet ones.
- Sunscreen – I know I mentioned it above but don’t forget it! We packed 3 bottles and went through all of it with our family of 5.
- Autograph Book – the kids loved getting autographs from all the characters! All you need is a small notebook for each kid.
- Passport – each cruiser needs their own passport as Disney requires this.
- Wine – yes wine! I know! Disney lets each passenger 21 or older bring 2 bottles of unopened wine or a six-pack of beer on board. You must bring it in your carry-on bag. Wrap up the bottles with bubble-wrap and use the wrap later to protect any souvenirs picked up on your travels.
Items not to pack: alcohol, power strips (surge protectors), or an iron. These items are not allowed on a Disney cruise. If these items are in your suitcase, the crew will confiscate them and return it to you at the end of the trip.
So tell me, am I missing anything from this list? I would love to hear any experienced Disney Cruisers list of packing essentials!